Wednesday 27 May 2009

Shetland - land of sea... and well, sea!

I utterly LOVED my trip to Shetland on the ferry to take part in the Taking Shetland Out of the Box Island Identities Conference. My first trip in 2007 was by plane, but the boat is the way to go! This is the first in a series of mini-movies I'll be posting about my trip - mainly scenery accompanied by fantastic Shetland music - courtesy of www.shetland-music.com, who I big up as I'm less likely to get into trouble for using music downloaded from their site otherwise!!

As you can see from the film, the weather's much better when leaving! Huh! But I love Shetland's weather, it's insane. Shetlanders I know say 'if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes', cos it does change that fast. We had rain, wind, sun, sleet, sun. It was magic!

So - Journey to Shetland - featuring the Cullivoe Fiddlers from Yell

No comments: